Wine is a very popular and recurring gift at Christmas. We are going to allow us to propose you some alternatives with Familia Martínez Bujanda wines, that maybe you can use to fulfill some commitment, to enjoy sensations with your closest people and to surprise even a relative or friend.
- The sure thing: Rioja is a sure thing and giving a good wine as a gift is always a good idea. Our Finca Valpiedra Reserva, which has recently reached 93 points in the Peñín Guide, is one of those wines that does not disappoint, that will continue to grow over time. Finca Valpiedra is a special Reserva, the family’s most carefully produced wine, defined by the microclimate and the pebble soil of our estate. The other alternative is Viña Bujanda Reserva (90 Peñín points) which is a slightly more traditional conception of a good Rioja Reserva. And if we want to go a little further in this classic concept, we also have the option of Viña Bujanda Gran Reserva.
- Surprise: if we want to surprise, Finca Antigua wines are a good choice. Clavis, also with 93 points in the 2017 edition of the Peñín Guide, is a wine with its own identity and personality. Pico Garbanzo is a wine grown at the altitude limit on a clay soil that is atypical compared to the rest of the estate and made with a mosaic of varieties (Grenache, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Mazuelo…) that makes it unique. At Finca Antigua we also produce a collection of crianzas with a variety that can turn a Christmas dinner into a fun game of sensations: Finca Antigua Tempranillo Crianza, Cabernet Sauvignon Crianza, Merlot Crianza, Petit Verdot Crianza, Garnacha Crianza and Syrah Crianza. Combine them as you like.
- Whites: they also have their moment at Christmas. We make whites in Rioja (Viña Bujanda) and La Mancha (Finca Antigua) with the Viura variety, but in this case our clearest option is Finca Montepedroso (Rueda). This is a wine that recovers the original character of the Verdejo grape, which we work a lot with its fine lees and age for months in tank to obtain a characteristic volume in the mouth in a way that surpasses the traditional pairing of white wine and light fish. Almost all starters, including white meats, go well with this wine. And, without leaving the whites, we are sure to surprise with our Finca Antigua Moscatel Naturalmente Dulce, a wine with no added sugars whose grapes are dried in the sun as soon as they are harvested and which, fresh and as a dessert, directly evokes the cluster of Moscatel grapes.
- A gift for the whole year: Finca Valpiedra and Finca Antigua barrel clubs allow you to give a barrel (300 bottles), a half (150 bottles) or even a quarter (72 bottles) of two unique reserve wines personally selected each vintage by our technical director Lauren Rosillo. Of course, belonging to the Familia Martínez Bujanda barrel club also has important advantages.
- Vinazos at the best price: finally, for those with ‘tighter pockets’, Familia Martínez Bujanda works with the Infinitus range of Cosecheros and Criadores. Infinitus Tempranillo and Infinitus Syrah have just received 90 points in the Peñín Guide 2017 ratings, making them, in all likelihood, the highest rated wines in all of Spain and with the best price.